Friday, May 9

Lessons from the Pool ...

John 4.14b  "... Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Having a pool in our West Texas backyard is such a blessing!   We enjoyed it so much last summer, especially on days where the temperature had blasted past 100 by lunchtime.  Yesterday, I noticed that the water level was a little low.   Easy to fix ... just turn on the faucet that feeds directly into the pool and let it run for a while.  Hmmm....  

I sometimes find myself running a "little low" ... a little low on patience, energy, motivation, love.  There's an easy fix for me as well.   His name is Jesus.  Like a pool that needs to be refilled, I often need some fresh water.  Not literal water, but living water.  For that, I go to Jesus.  (You can find Him in the Bible ... try Matthew, Mark, Luke or John for starters!)   Reading His Word brings refreshment to my otherwise harried life.  Talking with and listening to Him fills my mind and heart with renewed clarity.   The Water is available ... all you have to do is turn the knob. 

No comments: