Thursday, May 15

God's Plan Blesses Us...

I am reading through the gospel of Luke in my quiet time/devotion.  Since I've read this book many times previously, I asked God to show me something new.  This is what He showed me:

Chapter 1.  The angel Gabriel tells Zechariah God will bless him and his barren wife, Elizabeth, with a son.  (His name would be John.)  In vs. 17, Gabriel describes the son as one who "will precede the coming of the Messiah, preparing the people for his arrival."   Zechariah has trouble believing the news, but Elizabeth exclaims in vs. 25, "How kind the Lord is! He has taken away my disgrace of having no children!"   

What I saw, perhaps more clearly than ever, is that God's plan not only reveals who He is but also blesses those who participate in it!   God was revealed through John, whose early ministry pointed the way came to Jesus.  Elizabeth's participation in His plan to make Himself known allowed HER to  be personally blessed!  Is it any different today?  Won't God also  bless us by allowing us to join Him in revealing Himself to the nations in the 21st century?   Furthermore, I believe Scripture teaches this blessing will take away our disgrace by giving us spiritual children!  The Apostle Paul often referred to those he helped to grow in the faith as his sons.  The same concept is true for us; those we help to grow in the faith become like "spiritual" children to us.  I don't know about you, but I want this blessing!!  


No comments: