Tuesday, May 20

Joy...


Prov. 10.1  “A wise son brings joy to his father.”  

In this case, it was a daughter bringing joy to her mother. This morning Annabelle and I found ourselves hugging and just laughing out loud.  Something really great had happened. 

Every morning while she brushes her teeth, I pick out her clothes for school that day.  Often, this is where the battle begins.  I want her to wear one outfit, and she wants to wear another … which usually includes a pair of brown “cowgirl” boots given to her by a friend.  But today, we had a breakthrough!  As I was laying the outfit I’d chosen, she came into the room and exclaimed, “That was just what I was hoping to wear today!”  This event may not seem very amazing to you, but believe me, IT IS!!  In celebration, we hugged and laughed; she danced on her bed! 

I wonder how my Heavenly Father celebrates when I co-operate with Him.  Surely, He experiences great joy when what I want (and do) lines up with what He has in mind for me!  

No comments: