Thursday, March 13

The Bread of Life...

I read a verse today that really struck me.  

Matthew 15.32 records, "And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, "I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way." (NASB)

Jesus was concerned about both the physical and the spiritual needs of the crowd.  Because of his compassion, He was willing to meet both.  He knew some would consume only the physical bread and walk away as spiritually empty as they had come.  He still fed them.  He still loved them.  

What about me?  Will I, with love, serve those around me?  Will I offer Jesus (the Bread of Life) to the crowd?  Or will I pass them by in hopes of sharing my faith with someone who will respond in a way I deem positive?

No comments: