Tuesday, November 25

The Word Became Human....

There is a certain boy who has been giving Sophia a hard time at school.  As an adult, I understand this is part and parcel of growing up.  As a mother, I just want to show this young man the working end of a belt.  As a matter of fact, as I recounted the latest incident to Russ, he commented that he'd like to go back to 7th grade and teach that boy a lesson. ( I had relished that same thought some hours earlier.)  

John 1.14 says, "So the Word (Jesus) became human and lived here on earth among us..."  Jesus did what Russ and I would like to do ... He took on another form... only with "unfailing love and faithfulness," as verse 14 goes on to tell us.   In Jesus, God became human, not to condemn us or to crush us or to exact divine vengeance for our sin ... but to love us, restore us, save us.   According to Luke 19.10, the purpose for Jesus' coming to Planet Earth was to seek and to save those who are lost.   Only Jesus - 100% holy God and 100%s sinless man - could redeem 100% lost and sinful mankind.  Only God as Jesus would have the integrity to walk around in human flesh with right motivation toward others.  Only Jesus as God would have the power to save.   Unlike me with my desire to put a bullying 13-year-old to shame, Jesus became human to take away my shame.  As I contemplate Jesus' example,  I realize I still have a long way to go in becoming like Him.  

No comments: