Sunday, October 12

Choose this day...


In The Family Man, Tea Leoni plays a character named Kate. Kate is beautiful, smart, and funny; but what I find most appealing is her commitment to her husband.  (In all fairness, Nicholas Cage plays her husband ... so it's probably not that hard.)  In one of my favorite scenes, Kate expresses her loyalty to Jack (Nick's character) in a way that somehow sounds familiar to this Army wife.  "I choose you", she says, "and that's more important than our address."  I choose you.  Hmmm...

Russ & I live in The Great State of Texas.  Only, it doesn't always seem so great to us.  Having moved here from a very green and very metropolitan city in Northern Virginia, the adjustment to living in such sandy isolation has been a difficult one for us.   As of late I find myself thinking on Kate's words ... in regard to my husband but ultimately in regard to the Lord. Despite the words "Department of United States Army" on the heading of our orders, we know that God Himself brought us here to El Paso.   (I don't claim to understand all the why's for this PCS, but I'm thankful that "Permanent" usually only means 2-3 years.)  I choose Him...no matter where I lay my head at night.  He is my One constant in life.  And while we're on the subject, I'm even more thankful that God has chosen me. 

No comments: