Monday, June 2

That's my girl...


Sophia and I were running errands this morning, and she had talked me into listening to Radio Disney … again.  A commercial came on in which the announcer asked a girl about Sophia’s age this question:  “If you were stuck on a deserted island what three items would you wish to have with you?”  The giggling girl stumbled around a bit but finally answered, “I’d want my guitar so I could have music … a really cute dress… and my cowboy boots.”  Sophia just looked at me and asked, “What’s wrong with her?  I’d wish for a life jacket, a boat, and a GPS!”  We both burst out laughing!  It would appear that although the girls were around the same age, their objectives were very different.   The girl on the radio wanted to look cute and have fun; Sophia just wanted to get off the island! Each wished accordingly.

Reflecting on that funny moment in the car later prompted me to ask myself a few questions. What is my objective?  Am I prepared to reach that objective? My conclusion:  my objective is to know Christ and make Him known.  My preparations are simple:  spending time in the Word and investing in other ladies.  (As the Lord pours into me, I pour into another lady.)  How about you?  Are you doing things today to help you reach your objective?  Do you even have an objective, a goal, for your life?  There has to be more to life than cowboy boots.

No comments: