Thursday, June 12

My Dad...


Yesterday I put my dad's Father's Day gift in the mail. Since he's an avid reader of my blog, I won't tell you what I'm giving him this year!  I will tell you about what he's given me...

He's given me countless hours of great conversation.  Real conversation about real life.   His wisdom and insight far exceed his formal education. He has taught me everything I know about football and NASCAR.  He didn't "give me away" when he walked me down the aisle ... rather, he "entrusted" me to my husband.  He gave me a good work ethic by his own example. He has always been open to talking about spiritual things.  He never let me go to bed without a hug, a kiss on the cheek, and an "I love you."   He taught me how to drive a stick.  He loves my mom, his wife of 40+ years.  He passed on his even temperament to me. He has always supported me. He is always glad to see me ... even if its only through Skype on video.   I know that I can count on my dad because I trust in his love for me. 

I love you, Dad.

No comments: